12.00 pm, March 27, 2020
Reflecting the core mission of the Faculty of Dentistry, which is to advance the science, art and practice of dentistry by the promotion of education, study and research, we present a curated summary of the current advice of the Chief Dental Officers of Ireland, Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales.
The purpose of this summary is to inform and assist our many local and international Fellows, Members, Diplomates and Affiliates as they serve their patients in this challenging time.
We think of healthcare workers all around the world and their sacrifices, selflessness, leadership and heroism in the face of significant adversity.
The attached document and supporting information are subject to change as further guidance emerges but are up-to-date as of midnight on 26/3/20.
We recommend you visit the relevant sites for future updates.
Best wishes to you all from the Faculty of Dentistry RCSI.
View Document Summary of CDO guidance Covid-19
- Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer Ireland
- Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer Northern Ireland
- Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer England
- Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer Scotland
- Guidance from the Chief Dental Officer Wales
12.00 pm, March 15, 2020
The Faculty of Dentistry RCSI would like to take this opportunity to communicate with our many colleagues in Ireland and the rest of the world, to draw your attention to two pieces of information which some of you may find helpful in relation to key facts and information, on protecting your patient and yourselves and to minimise the risks of contracting and transmitting COVID-19 in a healthcare environment. We think you may find some of the information useful to help you with some pertinent aspects of your clinical practice.
- COVID-19: Guidance for Infection Prevention and Control in Healthcare Settings (This 49 page information booklet was very recently issued in GB and NI as official guidance: with detailed useful information and relevant practical guidelines for clinical practice). Please note that this guidance is subject to change and updates.
- The International Association of Dental Research (IADR) open resource paper entitled “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Emerging and Future Challenges for Dental and Oral Medicine” This is a contemporaneous and fascinating account of many aspects of the Coronavirus and the challenges clinicians and researchers in Wuhan faced at the first epic centre of the virus, drawing in particular to the attention of dental professionals, that “Due to the characteristics of dental settings, the risk of cross infection may be high between dental practitioners and patients”
Good luck to you all from everyone at the Faculty of Dentistry RCSI.