Faculty of Dentistry RCSI thanks Dean Albert Leung for his leadership and service
The Faculty of Dentistry says thank you to Professor Albert Leung who came to the end of his term as Dean of the Faculty of Dentistry at today’s board meeting (3 March 2023). The Faculty notes, and pays tribute to, the many stellar achievements by Dean Albert during his term.
Dean Albert has led the Faculty for the past three years and during this time he has led and overseen significant changes in the operation of the Faculty, not least to mitigate the effects of the Covid pandemic. Some of Dean Albert’s successes include:
- Transitioning the Faculty Diploma of Primary Care Dentistry, MFD and MGDS exams to an online format. Dean Albert led the development and implementation of the on-line portfolio of examinations.
- Increasing the number of Fellows, Members, Diplomates and Faculty Affiliates, and reaching more and more international colleagues for the Faculty.
- Achieving the long-term financial security of the Faculty.
- Enhancing the Faculty of Dentistry’s relationship with the other Dental Faculties in the UK sister Royal Colleges via the JMDF arrangement.
- Enhancing the relationships between the Faculty of Dentistry and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Dean Albert is a Professor of Dental Education at University College London Eastman Dental Institute and the Head of Continuing Professional Development . He is a recipient of the Award of Excellence in Dental Education from the Association for Dental Education in Europe, which is the premier international dental education recognition. He was awarded a PhD in Dental Education from the University of Portsmouth.