Faculty of Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FoDRCSI) Travel/Research Bursary.
Purpose of the award
- The FoDRCSI travel/research bursary is intended for the support of a research activity/project carried out by Fellows, Members who are engaged in a postgraduate training programme or who are staff members, trainers or mentors of an academic institution with an affiliation to the FoDRCSI thus enabling them to attend another institution of their choice in connection with their research project.
- The award can also be granted as a once-off payment to support attendance at international research or professional meetings by Members or Fellows of the FoDRCSI or staff members of affiliated institutions.
- To part-fund the appointment of a Fulbright Scholar.
Aims of the award
- To promote collaborative research between institutions in Ireland, EU and worldwide.
- To encourage and support research carried out by Members and Fellows of the Faculty of Dentistry RCSI worldwide.
- To inspire greater engagement and participation in the Annual Scientific Meeting of FoDRCSI by Members and Fellows of the Faculty worldwide.
- Fellows, Members or Diplomates of FoDRCSI (for a minimum of 12 months).
There will be a maximum fund of €10,000 in each calendar year. This may be dispersed in a number of ways – namely:
- In exceptional cases, a once-off maximum amount of €6,000 (in the region of €2,000 per month for a maximum of 3 months) to partly cover costs of flights, travel and subsistence in relation to a planned visit to an institution relevant with a research project.
- A number of individual once-off payments (maximum €1,000) to cover expenses of attending a research or a professional meeting by eligible candidates.