A one day hands-on course in minor oral surgery will be held in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin on Thursday October 31st 2019. The course will be held in RCSI’s new state-of-the-art academic and education building, located at No. 26 York Street, Dublin 2.
This course will be held by Consultant and Specialist staff from RCSI, Queens University Belfast and Belfast Hospital Trust.
After attending this hands-on course, delegates should:
• Have knowledge of the assessment of the patient and surgical task including wisdom teeth removal
• Be able to identify and manage the “at risk” patient
• Have knowledge of the risks and complications of minor oral surgical techniques
• Have practical experience on porcine mandibles of:
1. Sharps control
2. Flap design and elevation
3. Bone removal with drills
4. Delivery of retained roots
5. Soft tissue handling including repair and biopsy techniques
Fellows, Members and Diplomates of the Faculty: Early bird rate €600 until July 31st, €650 thereafter.
Non-Fellows Members and Diplomates of the Faculty: Early bird rate €700 until July 31st, €750 thereafter.